MY PERSONAL TESTIMONY
Fulfilling My Destiny ...
God’s Purposes for my Life
It was back in 1989 when I first prayed for an immigrant visa application to Canada not only because I wanted to be a Canadian but because of my intense desire to be together as a family and serve God. I thought at that point if God would not provide a job for my husband in the Philippines then I should accept our present predicament; and the only alternative left for us so that we can be together as a family was to go abroad. With this in mind, I actually wrote three options in my prayer journal : get a family status in Jeddah where my husband worked, go to USA where my siblings are , apply for an immigrant visa to Canada with a question mark. The last one was the most unlikely thing to happen because my husband and I already made some attempts to apply for an immigrant visa before but this whole idea was very vague to us and we didn't even take the matter seriously. But this time, it's another story I even wrote that prayer in my 1989 prayer journal.So in the year 2000 when I inquired from the Lord if it is His will to pursue an application for an independent immigrant visa in Canada and serve Him there as a family? He gave me the assurance and confidence to pursue on ...
After inquiring, praying, walking with Him and waiting, God granted that prayer. We landed here in Canada last April 28th 2003. Yes, our desire to be together as a family was the key to motivation but it was really the determination and commitment that God gave us to pursue our purposes in life - our destiny. It enabled us to do and attain the success that we sought. This is truly a big favor from the Lord because we came here as a family. Most people believe Canada is a land of uprightness flowing with milk and honey but this I still have to find out. We believe this is God’s calling- to fulfill His purposes in our individual lives and as a family- OUR DESTINY.
Before coming here and leaving our home country I prepared my heart to the changes that I will face. I settled in my heart that if this the Lord's will and obviously it is, then I must accept everything that comes along with it. I should accept the fact that I will grow old here and to be candid about it or even go home to the Lord while here. I have to adapt to a new culture and lifestyle. I will certainly leave my friends and develop new ones. And of course I may not be able to practice my profession here as a chemist or as an educator all at once. I struggled with so many thoughts but the more I thought about them, the more I struggled. I surrendered everything to God.I know I can never fulfill God's purpose in life if I carry too many baggages. I have to let go, keep our goal before us, press on and not lose heart.
It is always humbling but God -glorifying to be reminded how He made it happen, how He prepared us and orchestrated everything on our behalf for His purposes and for His glory.
Someone may ask but how do we know God’s plans and purposes in our lives? What is our destiny and how do we get there? Are there really steps to get into or out of a situation? Yes everywhere we go and everything we do require steps to get there. It is not just a product but it is also actually a process and the Bible is very clear about this.Life on earth is a journey and as we walk, let us review the road map and rehearse the steps that we might reach our final destiny. The things and activities that make an effect to our eternal destiny are called the WALKS OF FAITH for without faith it is impossible to please GOD.
This is a testimony of God’s goodness and faithfulness. It is my prayer that whatever is your situation at this point, I hope and pray that God will speak to you through this.
Is it not fate but destiny. FATE implies an inevitable and usually an adverse outcome DESTINY Implies something foreordained and often suggests a great or noble course or end . Daestiny in simple terms, is God's purpose for your life. It is our appointed or ordained future. Destiny is what God has predetermined you to be and to become, in His divine will.( David Wilkerson)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home